Saturday, November 22, 2008

House cleaning

Today I didn't have to work, so that means that I get to clean the apartment. It's really not that bad, all I have to do is some laundry and straighten up. So I woke up early this morning about an hour after my girlfriend, Sarah, went to work and started on the laundry. Being a guy, I'm never 100% sure how to do laundry, so I worked out my own system. Sarah has explained to me many times about seperating the colors from the lights and the whites and something else, but it never quite sticks, so here's what I do.

I only make three piles: Whites, Towels, and everything else. It is so much simpler to do laundry this way. Occasionally, I will make a pile of all black stuff if I have enough clothes to justify it. The way I figure it is that it doesn't matter how everything gets sorted as long as it all gets washed, right?

One of the things that bugs me the most about laundry is the fact that the washer gets done a lot earlier than the dryer. When I first started doing laundry, I would put clothes in the washer immediately after I moved the already washed clothes into the dryer. Doing this caused the clothes in the washer to sit there for a long time, and I didn't like that. Now I wait a bit after running the dryer before I start the washer, but even still the dryer finishes first.

Well, I need to go check on the clothes now, and finish picking up around the apartment. Sarah gets home at 4, so I need to have the place looking good. I'll write more later if something interesting happens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how anything more interesting than laundry could happen.